Sunday, March 27, 2011

What fear is and Possible reaction to project

There are a number of things that make me fearful. I'm afraid of bugs (spider in particular), sharp objects, and reckless driving.  As a young child, I could not deal with change very well. I did not like moving a lot as a child and if we were to go for drives to different towns I would cry because we were somewhere unfamiliar. To this day, when I'm experiencing a big change in my life, I go through major anxiety and sometimes depression.
 

For me, fear is this feeling of anxiety. Recently I had to get over a fear of confrontation. It felt good to finally be able to stand up for myself and say what I really needed to say for myself. But initially, I had to get over my fear of losing a friendship, get over my fear that I may say something that I may regret or that I may not mean. But in the end, it all worked out and I felt like I gained more respect from my friend and more respect for myself out of the whole ordeal. 

I think the reaction I'm going to get is confusion or at least some fascination. I know that if anything, I may be the only person uncomfortable with my experiment since this is a phobia of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment