Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Look at myself in the mirror"

For this week's assignment, we were to walk around IUPUI's campus and see something that we think that no one else saw. We then told Beth, she wrote everything that we saw onto a list, and then we had to pick something from the list that was not our own and recreate it.

For this assignment I chose "Look at myself in the mirror." There are many reasons why I chose this. For technical reasons, I'm borrowing my boyfriend's tripod and have been wanting to try it out. Also, I just finished a photography class and have had some ideas I've been wanting to try out. This picture wasn't really one of them, but when I saw this on the list and I thought of this pretty quickly.

Looking in the mirror isn't one of my favorite things to do. In fact, taking pictures of myself is something I really hate doing. I wouldn't say that I hate how I look, I just find it uncomfortable to look at myself in the mirror. I can look in the mirror to do my make-up or to fix my hair. But I can't just stand there and look at myself. Sometimes, I wish I could make my vision go out of focus, to hide all the details, when I find it difficult to avoid a mirror. That is where this image comes from.



Looking into mirror and having my picture taken is something I'm trying to work on. Maybe I just need to learn to love what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment