Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Class Day 2

Today in class we talked about rules. I have to admit, I really didn't get into this discussion. The idea of no rules seems kind of silly to me. Just because there are rules doesn't mean you have to follow them. Most rules exist for a reason and I suppose you'll just deal with the consequences of not following them. But to have no rules in place just seems ridiculous to me -- in the real world or in some creative space. Personally, I hate having some creative freedom where I could do anything I wanted. I have no direction or purpose to what I'm creating. I think that having rules, or at least guidelines, might help in the creative process -- creating something within limitations that is so close to breaking the rules. Maybe rules can lead to being more creative. But that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment