Monday, May 2, 2011

To future Seeing Sideways students

What the class is about
Going into this class I heard that it was a way to help with creativity and to help think outside the box when it comes to projects. Now that I have finished this class I can say while it does help you with your creativity, whether that is to be more creative or to change your perspective on your creativity, it helps change your approach to projects. If you feel like you are in a rut and your projects follow the same pattern, this class can help break that cycle and help you find a new approach.

What you did (or did not) get from this class
At the beginning of this class, I really struggled to get something from this class. I went week after week creating mediocre projects and feeling pretty disappointed that I wasn't having that moment that something would click for me. We talked about how in new media our target audience is for our client but in art our target audience is ourselves, and that really stuck with me and how I haven't created anything for myself and that is probably why I've really lost a of my passion for designing. Being able to talk about how I feel like I have lost that passion really did help me find the motivation I needed to start a personal project for myself and something that will hopefully become my capstone.


How this will (or will not) have an impact on your approach to future classes
What I have really taken from this class that I will apply to my future classes and projects is to find a way to apply a little bit of myself into the projects that I'm working on. It's easy to get caught up in the requirements of projects that teachers want and forget to have some kind of fun with what you are working on. If I can find a way to just throw a little bit of my style or signature into the projects I'm working on, I can make it fun. If this is something that I'm going to be doing for a living, I don't want to get burnt out on it and lose all my love for what I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment